A public Switched Telephone Network also known as PSTN connects all public telephone users. If PABX system is installed, then every phone and fax line gets an extension with PABX. The internal calls are re-routed and allow the call to go through from one extension to another.
The journey with PABX
When your business grows then, the number of inbound calls is expected to increase too from your suppliers and clients. Most businesses which are in the expansion journey find it hard to cater for increasing the cost of the staff owing to the growing nature of their business. Most businesses might not be in a position to provide for an increase of staff to deal with the increasing demand thus PABX system come into action. It allows for the transfer of large volumes of call with less human input thus the external and internal communications are better and efficient enhancing the service provision.
In the early days, PABX system was unavailable for small business owing to installation charges. Nowadays, small PABX’s are available and affordable for the small enterprises. Although they may differ from the commercialized PABX in some aspects, they still perform their primary physical duties. Features that come along with the small PABX include:
- Launching of circuits between two telephones
- Sustaining launched circuits when callers are engaged
- monitoring incoming and outgoing calls for the purpose of record keeping
Benefits of PABX system
The advantages of the PABX system include:
- You can quickly put a call through to another person by just dialing the extension number.
- It is easier to transfer calls to other lines.
- It enhances the level of professionalism in an organization thus excellent customer services too.
- There are minimal risks of losing clients due to communication hitches.
- The system is capable of setting automated calls transfer whenever necessary, especially when you are out of the office.
The PABX system has a vast number of additional functions depending on your provider and the model you choose. The additional features important to consider when purchasing a PABX system are blocking option for all or cellular calls, conference calling, call forwarding, welcome messages, on-hold music and shared mail-inboxes.
Different types of PABX systems are available, including hosted packages with voice over internet functions. The PABX is managed by the system service provider and calls transferred through the web to the hosted package. Instead of bothering yourself with purchasing of hardware and incurring maintenance cost, it is recommended to use the help of the service provider simply by signing up for their hosting services.
Various advantages come along with investing your money on PABX system regardless of the size of your business. A profession and efficient phone in the competitive world of operations enhance better services and great customer experience that primarily differentiates between failure and success.